ModelMaps Are Your Solution To Stop Mindlessly Following 3D Tutorials
When following a tutorial, it often feels mindless. Following steps without thinking and leaving you wondering whether or not you actually learned anything. And when attempting to complete a project without any guidance, you're left with a feeling of confusion about the steps needed to achieve a finished and polished result.
ModelMaps bridge the gap between tutorial and confident independence. They achieve this by giving you room to fill in the gaps without feeling lost or like you're mindlessly following instructions.
Featuring 11 high-resolution 3D models, turnaround videos, and reference images for each step of the project. Paired with narrated video tutorials to fill in any gaps.
Benefits & Features
- Build new skills and confidence to create art rather than mindlessly following instructions.
- Create a beautiful 3D artwork with easy-to-follow steps that are broken down exceptionally well.
- Give yourself the best chance to grow as an artist with proven techniques taught by one of the best digital sculpting teachers in the game.
- Easily track your progress with high-quality images, videos, and 3D references for every step of the process.
- Improve your problem-solving and critical-thinking skills by trying steps on your own first, and receive help from narrated, real-time video tutorials to fill in any gaps.
- The freedom to create in any software or medium of your choice.
- Will work in nearly any 3D software, and designed to work even better with ZBrush
- 11 Narrated, Real-Time Video Tutorials for each Step to Help when you get Stuck (MP4) (2 Hours, 42 Minutes)
- 11 High-Resolution Turn Around Images Showing the Steps to Create a Tiger from Beginning to End (JPG)
- 11 3D Models for Reference Showing the Steps to Create a Tiger from Beginning to End (ZTL, OBJ & FBX)
- 11 Turn Around Videos Showing the Steps to Create a Tiger from Beginning to End (MP4)
- Step 1: Blockout & Silhouette
- Step 2: Refinement
- Step 3: Combining Parts
- Step 4: Secondary Form
- Step 5: Refinement of Secondary Forms + Adding Eyes + Projection
- Step 6: Tertiary Form & Details
- Step 7: Fur
- Step 8: Whiskers
- Step 9: Paint Blockout
- Step 10: Paint Refinements
- Step 11: Painting Details
1. Is this product beginner-friendly?
Absolutely! However, you'll get the most out of this product if you are more familiar with the software of your choice. This will allow you to attempt following ModelMaps without referencing the provided narrated, real-time video tutorials on the first attempt. However, the videos are there to help guide you when you feel stuck.
2. Is this a tutorial?
ModelMaps are more than a tutorial. They are the best chance for you to grow as an artist while creating beautiful artwork.
They achieve this by giving you an opportunity to problem solve on your own first before turning to the narrated, real-time video tutorials. The video section for each step is there to provide you guidance when you are unsure of how to move forward. They will address varying tools, concepts, and the biggest problems you will face during that step of creation.
3. Why should I try it on my own first without watching the video tutorials?
ModelMaps bridge the gap between tutorial and confident independence. By giving yourself the opportunity to problem solve on your own first, before looking up the answer, you give yourself the largest opportunity for growth.
4. Do I need specific software to follow along with ModelMaps?
No, use whatever tool you are most comfortable with. ZBrush is used in this product's tutorials, however, these videos focus less on tools and more on creating visual forms and aesthetics. Please keep in mind that some tools and tips may not translate to other software, but aesthetics and fundamentals will be applicable no matter what tools you are using.
5. How long are the narrated tutorials?
2 Hours and 42 Minutes in total, combined length.
6. What software will these work in?
The provided FBX and OBJ files will work with nearly any 3D software, while the ZTL files are specific to ZBrush.
7. Where can I get your brushes, etc?
8. Will you be creating more ModelMaps?
Yes! I will be creating more and expanding upon ModelMaps in the future! If there is something specific you would like to see, I would love your feedback. Don't hesitate to reach out!
© 2023, Benjamin De Angelis